Uses of Coffee Grounds to Reduce Cellulite
Got tired of cellulite in your body and want to get rid of it? There are lots of weird, ridiculous and even some highly questionable remedies out there but coffee scrub works as a natural yet effective cellulite removal remedy. Cellulite is caused due to the hormonal changes, build-up toxins and chemicals in the body; it is mostly seen in women and in some men. It refers to the dimples on the skin; these dimples are developed due to fatty tissues. These fatty tissues under your skin will pushes you skin tissue closer to the skin surface. Coffee bean ground scrub is one of the beneficial remedies to remove cellulite on your body. This scrub is for your skin made from coffee grounds which is potential method for natural cellulite treatment. The caffeine content and anti oxidants in the coffee beans are good for your skin.
What does science say about coffee scrubs?
Coffee scrubs purportedly help you to treat the cellulite in variety of ways in your body. The caffeine in the coffee will dilate the blood vessels and reduce the appearance of skin dimples (cellulite). This scrub is also used to tighten the skin from stimulating effects caffeine by eliminating the excess water and blood flow in the skin.
How to make a Coffee scrub?
Here is the process of making the coffee scrub:
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup of Sugar or Brown sugar
- 1 cup Ground organic coffee beans
Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar and create a paste like consistency as you required. You can store it in a cool dry place and massage this paste on cellulite prone area for several minutes in a circular motion. This scrub will last up to 2 months and if you use this scrub every three days, you can observe visible results on your body within 2 weeks.
Benefits of Using Coffee Bean scrubs:
- The caffeine content in coffee scrubs improves the blood flow in skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite and also give your skin more even tone.
- Coconut oil in this scrub is a great skin softener that smoothen the dry skin and it also helps to delay the appearance of wrinkles.
- Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that helps to maintain healthy skin. It protects your skin from harsh toxins by giving the best exfoliating effects.
Some useful tips:
- If you are breast feeding then make sure that not to apply it for breast as your baby may not like the smell.
- While applying the scrub to your face, be careful that you do not apply to the area near your eyes, as it is a very sensitive part.